Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I Will do His Will and Comply with my Purpose and Calling

8/22/17 Well another week has gone by and not much has changed. We've been workin' hard and there's a lot goin on in the area but our investigatores are being kinda tough so well have to really crack down o the doctrine if they are to progress. Man this stuff is stressful but in the end oh my gosh is it worth it. I don't have much to say but i do have an experience to share with you.

This past week we visited this part member family where the only member in the family is a 16 year old girl named Laly. She was baptized about 2 years ago and she is very very strong... We visited them to help her parents understand what the gospel is and how it helps us find happiness. So after sharing something with them, Laly asked for a blessing because she has a problem with one of her eyes. We complied and in the blessing I felt prompted to talk about her personal strength and testimony of the savior and his atonement. It was a very powerful experience and after, She bore testimony of the truth to her parents. I thought their hearts would just break in half, the spirit was so strong and it was a testimony builder for me. I don't know if her parents will ever soften their hearts because even after that they showed resistance but I know that at least that girl is destined for something great. 

That's all for this week, hope you have a great week and enjoy this pic of the best 12 bucks I've ever spent! (its a hammock!)



8/29/17 Hola! This week wasn't that different from the rest, but I feel like it was a bit harder than normal. We really have trouble with getting people to church, and it almost literally hurts to wait and wait for nobody to show up. ahhh oh well, This week I definitely learned a lot, especially about having a good attitude about the things that don't go well. I guess you could say its a principle of faith and hope. we had a lesson in the church by our branch mission leader about how we need to give more. As i thought about what he was saying, I realized that, although I had felt like I had worked hard this week, i needed to give more. much more. Its a simple concept that sometimes we forget as we make excuses to not do everything in order to achieve a specific gal, in my case it would be getting investigators to church. We always can give more, and when we cant is when the Savior will bring us the rest of the way. Its how grace works- 2 Nephi 25:23 . I really need to put this in practice if i am to do the will of the lord. Although its hard, its worth it. Have a great week! -Elder Grover

p.s. sorry for no pictures, there's not too much interesting goin on... yet!

9/4/17 Well, it happened. My comp "died" haha. He went home on thursday of this last week ad boy was it an interesting time with him. The last few days with him he would not stop talking abut home hahaha. Kinda drove me nuts but ya know what can I do. Anyways, I was alone for a couple of days (not really, I was with the other Elders here in Yurimaguas). It was kinda tough being without a companion, and that was mainly why this week has gone by so slowly... Well that's alright here we are starting up the new transfer, so that's exciting. Its very likely that ill stay, so there shouldn't be that much surprise this week, but my new companion should be interesting. I excited to meet him and get to work!

Really there's not much to say, I've been busy as usual. To be honest I'm not very satisfied with how this transfer with. I'm not blaming anyone other that myself, it really just haven't been satisfied with what I've done here. So if there's anything that we can take from that is that the principle of diligence is something that is very important in order to be successful, satisfied and happy. Maybe i haven't been doing more to help these people and that's simply my fault because I'm not perfect. but that simply means that I need to step it up. the funny thing is that the only way to be truly, fully happy is by giving it your all. I've heard this not only from the scriptures but from members, maybe they don't have all the money ion the world but they're always happy because they always give it their all. 

Its been a crazy time here, but i need to make more of it. Have a great week! -Elder Grover


 


9/11/17 Hi, I know I said that nothing new would happen other than a new companion, and I really thought that nothing was going to happen, but life is full of surprises. IM IN IQUITOS, I have a new companion, zone, area, and assignment! My zone is called Secada, its the area farthest from the center of Iquitos and boy is it hot... My companion is Elder Gemín, he's from puira and he's short haha, David and Goliath part 2. And the new assignment, well I'm the new Zone leader of the Secada Zone! That was the biggest surprise for me because I still feel like I needed to improve as a district leader... So to be completely honest, I don't know exactly why I'm in this position, but what I do know is that if the Lord wants me here, all I can do is serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength and if I have my eye single to the glory of God, I will do his will and comply with my purpose and calling. The area is small, as are all the area in Iquitos but that doesn't really matter, because we have a new ward that is awesome and a lot of awesome people that we are teaching. I'm simply just excited to be in a new area with a new companion that wants to work.
I'm suuuuuper excited for this area and I know that if I continue serving I will be able to bless others and myself. All I have to do is stay focused on my purpose and it'll all be alright! HAVE A GREAT WEEK, and sorry for no pics the computer is awful. -Elder Grover

No comments:

Post a Comment