Monday, November 21, 2016

David and Goliath Unleashed

11/21/16 So I missed a week, Big deal right? at least I have a really good excuse! Finally in the field! YES. oh man have these past days been crazy... lets start with the basic stuff. this past Tuesday I flew to Iquitos with a group from the mtc, we met the president and had this yellow mush for lunch. I dont know how they do it but yellow mush is so good! President Lee and his wife are both tiny and super nice, but I didnt get too much time with him because he is super busy. We then went to the mission office where we got our areas and our companions! drum roll pleaseee...... I am currently in the city of Pucallpa! Not even Iquitos, but I'm not mad, its super awesome here! and my comapanion isss....... Elder Llamoca! Tiny little Peruvian who has been out for a year and 4 months. the height difference is astounding... we've been called david and goliath i don't know how many times... anyways that reminds me, I am going to buy a camera today! So next Monday you will all have pictures! The city itself is actually nicer than Iquitos- it has 2 actual malls and a pizza hut... haha yeah pretty awesome. Most of the houses are basically wooden shacks with dirt floors, luckily for me I have basically an actual apartment with a fully functional bathrrom (no hot water though, my shower is a good wake up call). As far as the rest of the mission goes, the apartments can be pretty gross, so well see what I get in the future! The people are suuuuper friendly, it's pretty easy to talk to just about everyone. For transportation we use mototaxis to go just about everywhere that isn't waking distance, which I love because of the breeze that comes with it (it's very hot here). Our food is all cooked by a member "pentionist". Her name is Fiorela and she's super nice and laughs at everything haha. The food is pretty good too, a lot of chicken rice beans and potatos, but the sauces usually change so it's pretty good. The other day I tried cow intestines... that was interesting, I asked what it was and they said "pollo" of course after picking out a few words of the following conversation I discoved it was caocao, or cow intestines. Surprisingly I was ok with it and kept on eating haha. My comp and iIlive with our zone leaders, and one of them is a gringo, so at night before bed I can let loose everything I want to say in English. aA far as my luggage goes, when you go to an area that isn't in iquitos, you can only take one bag... so I had to consolidate all my neccessities into one suitcase... it's ok though, theres only one thing I wish I brought and that's my rainboots... the mud here gets wild haha so my shoes are almost constantly dirty. It's whatever... I'm just excited to be here! I don't think there's much more to tell, the people are awesome and I love the work. OH! I just remembered, we already have an investigator with a baptismal date! Just keeps getting better and better. That's all for this week, love you all and so does the Lord! !Hasta Luego¡

No comments:

Post a Comment