Monday, November 28, 2016

Mud and 90 Degree Weather

11/28/16 So what's this thanksgiving thing that everyone is talking about? Sounds nice, but I doubt anything you had is nearly as good as the chicken, potatoes and rice that I get to eat every day. Now before you get jealous, remember I'm walking around in mud and 90 degree weather.

So still no camera, yes I know I suck but I wasn't about to pay for an overpriced piece of garbage haha I'm going to look more today, so hopefully I find something. Anyways its finally P-day! I know I should look forward to proselyting more but writing home is such great stress relief. As far as investigators go we have currently 2, which I know sounds disappointing but one thing I failed to mention last week is iIam opening an area! Which means both my companion and I are completely new to the area we are in... and our records show a total of 2 people that we might possibly be able to teach, but I doubt it. My comp is awesome haha although sometimes I can't completely express myself because of the language barrier but that's alright, its not necessary to teach! He is super patient with me and I'm trying really hard to not be a frustrated wreck haha. The Spanish kills and my head is pounding by the end of the day but that's just part of the experience right? I just need to keep at it and I know the Lord will somehow help people to understand what I'm trying to say. The food hasn't changed much, from what I've been told the area, apartment, and my pentionist (cook) might be the best in the mission... so the real question is... what is a hard area like... yikes. Everything here just seems normal now though. when I first got here it was a little shocking but now it's like the US doesn't exist. With time I know I'll adjust even more and hopefully I'll come out of this a tad more mature... we shall see. haha,I can't distinguish days that well, so next week I'll bring my journal and give you all a daily report. So uh, yeah that's all for this week, love you all so much! (the lord loves you even more) ¡Chao! -Elder Grover

**If I'm being honest, this is very hard, but I'm so happy to be here because I know that when its hard it means you're changing, which is what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment