Monday, December 12, 2016

20-Year Old EGGHEAD

12/12/16 So remember last week? I definitely don't! Man was this week a complete turn around, so many things went so much better and I was just loving it. Funny thing is that everything didn't go well... it was just better than last week so I was real happy haha. most of the days were really similar (with the exception of my birthday (: ) so here's a brief overview: 

Monday: p-day will always be a breath of fresh air, I get to write you all, relax and explore. the end of the day is proselyting but if I remember correctly, it went well!

Tuesday: In all honesty, all I remember about Tuesday was we talked to a bunch of people and got turned down... but we did have some awesome discussions!

Wednesday: RAIN. A LOT of rain haha, and when there is rain, there's mud... and oh boy is the mud crazy. my rain boots get a lot of use when there's rain so that's kinda fun. other than that proselyting was the usual, walking and talking. 

Thursday: Zone Conference! pretty much all day we were inside, and I didn't know this but zone conferences are actual a big deal. President Li came down here and we (2 zones) ate dinner with him and sang songs haha. it was a fun day in general haha.

Friday: we went on exchanges today and i went with a gringo! Elder Thomas is his name and he's my zone leader. he's also the one in the pictures haha. And boy is he a good missionary. the thing is he actually teaches me. He forced me to get out of my comfort zone and it helped me a ton, so shout out to him.

Saturday: Birthday!!! so in the morning was service and I got to chop grass with a machete... kinda interesting but fun haha the rest of the day was normal except that night... my pension bought an actual cake... and then I got my face shoved in it... :) didn't really mind it cause it tasted really good haha but then later... my zone leaders who i live with pulled out a weird Peruvian tradition. I got eggs and flour dumped on my head... was I thrilled? haha no. took me a couple minutes to forgive then but when it was all said and done it was a fun experience.

Sunday: Church and proselyting. not much happened other than that haha.

In general things are improving and I'm hoping to see some progress with the people soon. I'm usually hungry (mostly because I eat a lot in general and I don't think Peruvians are used to feeding 6 foot 5 clowns like me) but that's ok. I'm actually trying to get used to it because I think as far as the mission goes, we don't get a ton of food. And no I'm not spending a ton of money on snacks, I'm trying to break that habit too. my comp is still good (he's from arrequipa peru btw) I don't know tall he is but he doesn't go past my shoulder... so yeah
The scripture for the week is Alma 17, go give it a read if you want some spiritual goodness. love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Email 2: I'm officially out of time so this email is illegal, please apologize to people that I don't respond to, I really am always short on time. Also tell grandma terry I love her letters, and I love her too. She's awesome! love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment